2021 Family Law & Mental Health Forum
WHEN? Friday, March 26, 2021 8:30am-4:30pm
WHERE? Gwinnett Justice & Administration Center, 75 Langley Drive, Lawrenceville
WHO? Anyone who works with divorced/separated families (judges, attorneys, guardians ad litem, mediators, therapists, coaches, financial advisors, etc.)
WHY? To cross educate professionals to provide services more efficiently and in the best interests of families and their children
HOW? Each participant will have the opportunity to choose four 45-minute workshops throughout the day, as well as attend a Gwinnett County Superior Court judges panel. Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
FEE? $175 per participant if registered by January 31st. After January 31st, fee is $195. CLEs and professional CEs will be provided. There will be an additional fee for CLEs payable on the day of the Forum.
WHAT KIND OF WORKSHOPS WILL BE FEATURED? There will be something for every profession. The list includes:
- What is a “Good” Co-Parent?
- Legal Basics of Divorce for Non-Attorney Professionals
- Writing Conflict-Resistant Parenting Plans
- The Secret to Mediation Success
- Pros/Cons of Teen Affidavits
- Financial and Tax Issues in Divorce
- What’s Up with Kids Resisting Visitation?
- …and others to be announced
- Judge Warren Davis
- Judge Karen Beyers
- Judge Tracey Mason
- Diane Dierks, LMFT (CNFC’s executive director)
- Dr. Rick Voyles
- Dr. Howard Drutman
- Janae Combs, LPC
- Sherri Rawsthorn, LCSW
- Dan Feldman, LPC
- Susan Barnes, CPA, CDFA
- Sherriann Hicks, Attorney & GAL
- Ashley Stinson, Juvenile Court Director of GAL Program
- Additional legal presenters to be announced