Parenting Seminar & Kids' Groups
The 4-hour parenting seminar focuses on the developmental needs of children, with emphasis on fostering the child’s emotional health during periods of stress. The program is informative, supportive, and directs people desiring additional information or help to appropriate resources. The course content includes:
- Responding to Children — how to talk to them to assist in their emotional adjustment to parental separation or divorce; and so they can stay out of the parental conflict, preserve their self-esteem, and simply be children
- Leaver/Leavee — the emotional impact on each parent after separation or divorce and how it affects the children
- Grief Process — how to recognize the stages of grief in self and family members; and how to respond to family members in the different grief stages
- Co-Parenting — the importance of approaching co-parenting realistically and setting appropriate boundaries to minimize conflict
- Parenting Plan Basics — the importance of a clear and detailed plan and how to incorporate elements to best execute a cooperative or parallel co-parenting style
- Child Development — considering the above subjects given the various stages of child development
REGISTRATION – PARENT SEMINARS
To register for the Seminar for Divorcing Parents, follow the link below for the county in which you wish to attend. Gwinnett County Navigating Family Change for Parents (English or Spanish) DeKalb County Navigating Family Change for Parents (English only)
REGISTRATION – KIDS’ GROUPS
To register your child in a support group for kids, choose from the following:
Divorce Care for Kids (DC4K) 12Stone Church, 1322 Buford Drive, Lawrenceville, GA 30043. Contact Jen Skarda at 678-230-7403 or e-mail: dc4k@12Stone.com. Classes meet for 13 weeks. Child care is available.
For information on other DC4K groups in your area, click here.
Rainbows for Kids Restoring hope to grieving youth. For Atlanta groups, contact Brenda Johnson at 770-236-8494