Here’s what you need to know so that your online class experience is successful…
- STEP 1 – Create New Account
- STEP 2 – Register for either the Basic Seminar or Advanced Workshop. Be sure to check your court order to register for the correct class. If it says only Navigating Family Change or Families in Transition, the Basic Seminar will suffice. If it specifically states Advanced Issues in Co-Parenting or simply “Advanced,” please register for the Advanced Workshop. If you have never taken a basic 4-hour seminar, you will need to take the Basic Seminar before you register for the Advanced Workshop.
- STEP 3 – Make Payment of $50 (Basic) or $150 (Advanced), plus processing fee.
- STEP 4 – Book date and time (from next available) for Basic Seminar or Advanced Workshop.
- STEP 5 – Read Class Participation Instructions below.
- STEP 6 – Complete the Basic Seminar or Advanced Workshop session online.
- STEP 7 – Submit the Certificate for Completion Request Form with the following:
- Submit four-digit PIN Code provided during the training.
- Include Your Legal Name for your Certificate of Completion
(needs to match your case #).
- Case number (if applicable).
- Enter Georgia County where your case is filed.
Class Participation Instructions
- You will receive an email a day or two prior to the class date, giving you the Zoom link to access the online class and the PDF version of the workbook. We use the email you provided when you paid through PayPal. If you do not receive an email by the day before your seminar, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may enter the class 30 minutes prior to its start, which is advisable in case you have technical issues. The class will be locked 15 minutes after the class begins, so please be on time or else you will have to re-register. There are no refunds for those who are locked out because of lateness.
- If you get kicked out of the class due to internet problems, you may have trouble getting back in if the class has been locked. In that case, please email or call the number you were provided at the beginning of the class.
- Upon entering the seminar, you will be put in a waiting room, and you will be admitted by the staff after it is determined you are a registered participant. YOU MUST ENSURE YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME ARE ON YOUR VIDEO FEED (IN THE BOTTOM CORNER) so the observer can verify your attendance. IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE DISPLAYING YOUR FULL NAME, PLEASE EITHER CHOOSE YOUR FIRST NAME AND LAST NAME INITIAL OR YOUR FIRST NAME INITIAL AND LAST NAME. If that is not enough of an identifier, the observer may request that you display the last four digits of your case number for verification. You can change it yourself by clicking on your video picture and click “Rename” on the drop down menu under “More”. If you have trouble with that, utilize the chat feature to let staff know what your name is and it will be changed. We cannot verify attendance without knowing your correct name. Once the class is locked, you may be removed from the class if we can’t verify your name.
- Class participants are muted upon entry, however, everyone is required to have their video on for the entire seminar. This is no different than if you had to attend the seminar in person. You would be required to be present and listening, except during scheduled breaks.
- Please ensure you are in a quiet and private place to view the seminar. Just like we do not allow children to be present during the in-person seminar, it would not be appropriate to have them present during the online version. This seminar is meant for adults only.
- If you have any technical issues during the seminar, we will provide a phone number during the seminar so you can call to get help.
- You will receive a 4-digit PIN (one number at a time throughout the seminar). At the end of the seminar, you will be given an online link to complete a survey and enter in the PIN number. When it is verified that (1) you were registered for the seminar, (2) you attended the online version the entire time with video on and correct name, and (3) you emailed the correct PIN number, a Certificate of Attendance will be e-mailed to you.
- There are no refunds for those who do not fulfill the above PIN requirements.
- We do not file certificates with the court. If you have a DeKalb County case, your certificate will be filed automatically by them within seven days in accordance with our list of verified attendees. If you have a case in another county, however, you will need to contact your attorney or the county where your case if filed to get instructions about how to make the certificate part of your case file. If you have a question or concern about your certificate being filed in DeKalb County, please email email@example.com