Navigating Family Change Online – Basic Seminar
Navigating Family Change is a 4-hour seminar for parents who are going through a divorce or separation. Most of the time, a judge has ordered them to the seminar or their attorney, or someone else, has recommended they take it voluntarily. Anyone can attend the seminar, however, those with court orders will be prioritized. Due to in-person restrictions caused by COVID-19, the courts have requested we provide the seminar via online video conferencing in order to accommodate those who need to expedite their court cases. Our online version is the same as the in-person seminar, except that participants can attend from home/work via the Zoom platform and the workbook is distributed to participants as a PDF file.
What will I learn?
The seminar focuses on the developmental needs of children, with emphasis on fostering the child’s emotional health during periods of stress. The program is informative, supportive, and directs people desiring additional information or help to appropriate resources. The course content includes:
- Responding to Children — how to talk to them to assist in their emotional adjustment to parental separation; and so they can stay out of the parental conflict, preserve their self-esteem, and simply be children
- Affects on the Family — the emotional impact on each parent after separation and how it affects the children
- Grief Process — how to recognize the stages of grief in self and family members; and how to respond to family members in the different grief stages
- Co-Parenting — the importance of approaching co-parenting realistically and setting appropriate boundaries to minimize conflict
- Child Development — considering the above subjects given the various stages of child development
FEE WAIVERS AND DISCOUNTS
If you need a fee waiver or discount, please contact the county where your case is filed and they can tell you how to request a fee waiver from the court. Once they have approved your waiver, they need to inform us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will, in turn, send you the waiver/discount code to register for the class. Please allow at least two weeks to apply with your county and for them to contact us with approval before expecting your registration code.